The International Film Festival of the Art of Cinematography PLUS CAMERIMAGE is the greatest and most recognized festival dedicated to the art of cinematography and its creators – cinematographers. This 20th Plus Camerimage Festival took place November 24 to December 1, 2012 in Bydgoszcz, Poland.
Plus Camerimage contributes to the growth of cinematographers’ prestige. The unconventional format of the Festival, which awards films according to their visual, aesthetic and technical values, has turned out to be an alternative for traditional film festivals. As all their guests emphasize – PLUS CAMERIMAGE is unique. Find out more here.
Darek Kuzma talks with David Lynch, the recipient of the Plus Camerimage Lifetime Achievement Award for Directing at their 2012 festival. Different topics are brought up and David discusses the value of Transcendental Meditation for him and his work when answering the 4th question. He seemed very relaxed and happy to be there.
1. Do you feel that your films inspire people or may change their lives?
2. Can you call yourself a believer in the magic of cinema?
3. Now, when special effects, gadgets and digital cinema are so developed, people don’t have to imagine things…
4. What motivates you to keep working even if there are obstacles in the way? A: (2:46–5:02)
5. This edition of Plus Camerimage festival is devoted to the theme of “digital versus film.” What is your stand on it?
6. How do you feel about the Plus Camerimage festival and it’s 20th edition?
This video was published by pluscamerimage2012 Nov 29, 2012.
See the humanitarian work of the David Lynch Foundation healing traumatic stress and raising performance in at-risk populations.
Tags: animation, bydgoszcz poland, David Lynch, digital cameras, directors, entertainment, film, film festival, film vs digital, international film festival, lifetime achievement award, Plus Camerimage, risk populations, technical values, The International Film Festival of the Art of Cinematography, Transcendental Meditation